November 6-Fundraising money due to the office
November 8–Fall Party 1:00-1:45 pm
November 9-Parents of Moore meeting 5:30-6:30 pm at school
November 13-Progress Reports sent home this week
November 16-Thankful Thursday Soup Night 5:30-6:30 pm
November 22-24-NO SCHOOL FOR THANKSGIVING BREAK
November 30-IB Night 5:30-6:30 pm
Our Fall Party will be Nov. 8 in the classroom. Please feel free to come! Let the Rumpus begin!
I am excited to introduce our practicum student, Lydia Martin. She is pursuing her degree in Elementary Education from Simpson College. She will be spending Tuesday and Thursday mornings with us!
I hope you have been enjoying “Book in a Bag.” The students look forward to choosing books! They are beginning to see themselves as readers. I love it!
Our Learning this Month:
Unit of Inquiry: We are completing our second unit of inquiry: “Who We Are.” We highlighted the variety of feelings we experience and acknowledged conflict in relationships and how to work through it.
Our next unit of inquiry will be “How the World Works.” The focus will be using observations to find patterns in the world around us.
- We have been working on identifying, writing, and counting with numbers 0-10.
- Greater than and less than
- Subitizing-identifying dot groupings without having to count by ones
- Letters Engagement: a, b, c, f, g, I, m, n, o, p, r, s, t
- Blending CVC (consonant, vowel, consonant, i.e. cat) words with short a, short i
- Sight words: like, the, and, I, see, to, we, a, my, not, am, what, you, big, on, me
- Identifying story components: character, setting
- Answering comprehension questions
Personal narrative writing focusing on sounding out words and applying sight words to build a complete sentence and writing mechanics (lowercase letters, spaces, etc)
Thanks for your wonderful support! Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.